Thursday, September 18, 2008

The "aye!"s have it (AKA Christmas in September)

I guess the title should really say "the tie has it", because it was technically a tie (which I've now taken down, in case you didn't have the chance to see it). Still, we had agreed that if it was a tie, I would win, and in reality, we would have known either way since the "boy parts" were more than obvious during the ultrasound, and we both noticed it before the ultrasound tech even pointed it out. She thought that was funny, especially since I had already filled most of the ultrasound with "what is that?" questions. But, believe me, it was MORE than obvious. In fact, as you'll clearly see in the video below, little Henry was not shy and seemed to enjoy touching his little boy parts quite a bit. We like to think he was just trying to shield them from viewing. I'm posting the video (which unfortunately does not include the ENTIRE ultrasound), in which you can see his adorable little profile (and perfect nose) and those special parts that make him a boy. You can also see all of his bone structure--there's a great shot of the spine--and organs, as well as the brain. I cannot even tell you what an amazing moment this was, it was really like Christmas in September...even the ultrasound tech said that she noticed that there must have been tons of adrenaline rushing through my system just by looking at the ultrasound. I was SOO excited this morning I could hardly contain myself, and after it was all over, I probably could have fallen right asleep. Oh, and speaking of asleep, little Henry was sleeping when the ultrasound first started, but after the ultrasound tech shook him around a a bit (which you can see in the video, and which, honestly, I wasn't too fond of), he woke up and started kicking ferociously. Another thing, his legs are SOO long. He's so incredibly adorable, I just can't wait to see his little face in person. Here's the video from the ultrasound....I hope you enjoy it! (P.S. please forgive the weird stretchyness of the video, as I could only find one FREE program that would allow me to encode the DVD file so you could see it here) Oh, and make sure to look for cute little hands and lots of yawning!

3 comments:

Linda said...

how precious!!!! there is absolutely no doubt that you have a BOY in there. that was one cooperative little man you got there. like i said earlier, we are so happy for you both. take care.

Laura Gail said...

Oh...I am so excited and so very happy for you guys! I love you so much and miss you!! I already love little Henry as I know you do!

creolesh said...

oh the joy thou is in my heart
my grandson lil henri
soooooooooooooo happy
love all 3 of u my daughter neka,my son-in law henri,and definetly mygrandson lil henri
mom