Monday, November 10, 2008

Dad Tips

Even though I am now furnished with a wealth of pregnancy books (most of which I don't even like), my favorite is one that was provided to me for free by our insurance company, called "Your Pregnancy Week by Week". It's nice to read something new every week as opposed to poring over all of the ridiculous possiblities that come with pregnancy. The other books I have just go through lists and lists of all of the possible complications that come from pregnancy, and it ends up being totally not worth it to read them, since all they do is freak me out. In any case, one of my favorite things about the afore-mentioned book is that it has a "Dad Tip" every week, and even though H is honestly one of the best husbands that has ever lived when it comes to taking care of his pregnant wife (and pretty much anything else for that matter), I still force him to read the tips. I like him to be part of the book reading as much as he can, I guess. This week the tip had something to do with Dad taking over chores that might be difficult for Mom, like sweeping and mopping and cleaning the bathtub. Now, the truth must be told that my bathroom was in a shameful state. I'm embarassed to even admit it, but the bathroom has only been cleaned twice since I've been pregnant, and one of those times was done by H. I've been so terrified of bending over or of using cleaning products that I've seriously shyed away from any bathroom duties...and, again I have to admit, it's been a bit convenient for me. In any case, all of this blah-blah has a point: last night H lovingly cleaned my bathroom for me, just as the Dad Tip suggested, and he never said a word of complaint. That's how amazing he is. He did, however, harshly admonish me for the awful state of my bathroom, but I guess I just deserve that. What an amazing, incredible, and loving husband I have!! And boy, I can't wait to see him as Daddy!!

No comments: