Monday, November 3, 2008

The return home

I've been really lazy lately (no other good excuse), so it's taken me a while to get this post up. In any case, I had the chance to visit my family in Augusta a few weeks ago, and I wanted to put up some pictures from that visit. It was such a good visit, and it made me so happy to get to "show off" my pregnant belly. I also got my hair cut, and it was WAY PAST TIME for that to happen, so I feel a bit more like myself again. I enjoyed seeing family, and even though I contracted some ridiculously painful upper respiratory infection and was confined to the house for two days straight, it was totally worth it to get to see my Dad and Lillie and all of my brothers, as well as some other good friends and family along the way (MKB, Krischan, Father John, Bethany and Conor, among others). I also got to have lunch with my Mom, which was extra special since she doesn't live in Augusta. Here are some pics I hope you enjoy. (Oh, and please keep in mind that I was suffering from some severe respiratory issues, so my face and nose, and everything else, appears swollen.)
This one is from the Japanese restaurant we visited for my dad's birthday...it's a Dad/daughter moment:And here's us all together, me, Dad, and the boys:

And lastly, here's me and Bethany, my step-niece, after our yummy breakfast at Waffle House...we were both apparently striking a pose :)

All in all, it was a really good time. In spite of my crazy nasal/chest issues, I got to make some homemade pizza with Beth and Conor, I got to take my dad and Jarett (my brother) to dinner for their birthdays, and I got to spend some good quality time with my family. Still, the title of this post is a bit ironic, because the truth is that I felt more like I was returning home when I was driving back here to Gville than I did upon the return to Augusta. We all know the saying "home is where the heart is", and I guess that since my heart is always with H, for me the saying should be more like "home is where H is"...and soon, that H can be squared. :)

No comments: