Saturday, November 29, 2008

Our artificial Thanksgiving #2

Today we celebrated Thanksgiving, which basically means that we ate our backs out. It was great! I totally outdid myself, I must admit, and chances are I'll sleep like a big baby tonight. I am SOO exhausted and my feet are killing me. And yeah, while I was busting butt in the kitchen, here's what H was busy doing:
I know, it's ridiculous right. Well, he did work nights for the last two weeks, so I'll let him off the hook ;). Our menu was really great, and it included the following things: Turkey, ham, collard greens, cornbread stuffing, green-bean casserole, macaroni and cheese, and gravy. And yes, I made all those things myself. Here's the photo to prove it:My original plan was to make a bunch of "mini" dishes that we could finish in one sitting, but I clearly had no luck with that. Of course, we celebrated in the traditional fashion and ate ourselves sick, which I'm sure I'll regret next time I go to the doctor's office, but oh well, that's what Thanksgiving is for. I also made two yummy desserts: blueberry pecan pie and pumpkin praline cheesecake (which I did succesfully turn into a "mini"). Here's the photo of those two, which we haven't even put a dent in yet:
Overall, it was a great day and I think little H is happy and fully in my belly...which, combined with me being so full, is making it rather hard to breathe. H also took a picture of me with all of the food that I cooked (ALONE), and it shows how really big little H is getting (and as a result, me). Even I can't believe that my stomach has actually grown to the size it has...and just think, I have 2.5 months left to go!!
All in all, it was a very good day, and we'll be eating leftovers for the next week...or two maybe! I love Thanksgiving so much, and today was the perfect day for us to take some time out and be thankful for all of the blessings we have, especially little H and his imminent arrival. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! :)

No comments: