Wednesday, November 19, 2008

OH YES, that's the beginning of a nursery you see!

My mom and Fred were generous enough to give me and H $300 towards the crib and changing table for our little H. We had originally planned on getting the crib from Ikea, but when we got there, we were NOT impressed by the crib (yes, we drove the whole 1 1/2 hours and bought nothing). In fact, it seemed to me that it should be in an orphanage or something. It was very flimsy and didn't have any of the important features I wanted, like a drop-side. In any case, we drove all the way back to Gville and headed to the Target to see if they had anything we might be interested in, and they did! I was so ready to carry that crib and changing table home with us, but they didn't have it in stock that day, and so I copped this ridiculous attitude with the poor kid at the register and just about threw out in the middle of the Target. It was really ridiculous, and I think I sort of embarassed H. Well, I came home rather disappointed, even though we were happy to see that we could spend $100 less at Target and still get a better crib, and then have some dinero left over to get a dresser for little H. Today I had to run some errands at the Target, and so just out of curiosity I asked if they had gotten any in stock, and they did!! I brought the crib and changing table home today and was itching to put them up. H lovingly dragged the big box for the changing table upstairs but he didn't have the time or energy to do the same for the crib box (he's on nights right now). I finally got to put together the changing table, and it looks great! I can't wait to get the crib up. Here are some pictures so you can see how great it looks, and it goes especially well with that Shamrock Shake. I took it from a couple of angles so you can get a good idea. Oh, and that mobile over to the left of the photo will eventually hang over the changing table...a "distraction" if you will.
I am SOOO excited to finally see it all coming together, and I think it's going to look really good. I love making a comfortable and cheerful home for little H, and can't wait to get it all in place. Weeee!!

No comments: