Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Mommy updates

I had my monthly visit with the doctor today and got some good news about the progression of the pregnancy as well as some not-so-good-news about the possiblity of having gestational diabetes. I had a blood-glucose test this morning and it came back abnormal, so I have to go in again on Thursday for a three-hour test that I am not looking forward to. Dr. Duff told me that it was possible that even though I had an abnormal result today, everything is okay, and that is what I am hoping for. As far as the other stuff, my uterus is measuring 28 centimeters, which is pretty much right on target since I am now about halfway through my 28th week. My blood pressure was normal as well, and little H's heartbeat was good and strong, as usual. I've decided not to talk about my weight because it's starting to freak me out a bit, but I will say that Dr. Duff assured me that it's normal and healthy, and that I'm not over where I should be. Either way, it's getting tougher to watch the numbers climb on the scale...oh well, nothing to do about it now. I know how slack we've been about putting up weekly pictures so H forced me to take one today. I'm not wearing the typical outfit because I was dressed for my day, but it's a picture anyway. I'm also including another picture that I snapped myself last week (at about 26 1/2 weeks), just for some perspective. Regardless, it's pretty obvious that I'm getting VERY large. I guess it doesn't matter if little H is happy and healthy, and I'm sure I'll forget it when he gets here. Here's the 26 1/2 week picture, with clothed belly:

And here's the "weekly" picture, which is now turning into more of a "monthly" picture instead (at 27 weeks and 2 days):

I've also finally found it in me to suck up all the nervousness and make it to the gym, and I went for a 1.5 mile brisk walk on the treadmill and swam a bunch of laps in the pool last week. It felt GREAT and I really do wish I had kept it up during the whole pregnancy. The water was especially nice and it relieved so much pressure on my lower back and feet. It was amazing, and I really think I'll keep it up. I feel sort of guilty for not continuing that exercise before, but I was so nervous about hurting something...oh well, Dr. Duff told me that it's never too late, and good thing he said that, because the exercise felt great. I can't wait until little H is here and I can really get back in there and do some HARD aerobics! Please keep us both in your thoughts and prayers, especially about this gestational diabetes thing...only a few short weeks to go!! :)

1 comment:

C. said...

When I was pregnant with Leandro I had the same problem with the blood sugar test and did the 3 hour test which turned out to be fine. No gestational diabetes that time around. Just the stuff they make you drink is absolutely disgusting... Seriously!
You look great in both pictures by the way... ;-)
Abrazos!